Have you fallen in Queens recently and suffered an injury? Of course, some falls are our own fault and result from clumsiness or inattention. However, many could be avoided if the property owner had taken the necessary steps to protect you from dangerous conditions. When this happens, a Queens personal injury lawyer might be able to help.
Recovering from this type of injury can be costly and time-consuming. While you are injured, you could be unable to work. The sudden loss of your income could compound your unexpected medical bills and place you in a financial bind. A Queens slip and fall lawyer from Friedman, Levy, Goldfarb, Green & Bagley, P.C. can help you pursue compensation for these unexpected hardships.
Slip and Fall Accidents Are a Common Cause of Injuries
Slip and fall accidents are an everyday occurrence in Queens. While some might cause little more than a bruised ego, these accidents do have the potential upend your life—and could lead to viable negligence or wrongful death claim.
Fall injuries are common enough to cause more than 1 million emergency room visits in the United States every year.
The most common fall injuries include:
- Broken arms
- Broken legs
- Strains and sprains
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Cuts and bruises
- Neck injuries
- Spinal damage
If you have been hurt during a fall caused by dangerous conditions on another party’s property, you might be able to hold the owner accountable with the help of a slip and fall accident lawyer in Queens.
Your injury case could result in financial compensation
Your case could result in a substantial monetary award. The amount of compensation you recover is based on many different types of damages and understanding each of them could prepare you for what to expect in your case. Some of the most common types of damages sought in these cases include:
- Medical bills. Medical care can be costly after a slip and fall accident. In addition to emergency medical treatment, you could require rehabilitation for the rest of your life. Your civil case could help you recover the cost of your medical care.
- Lost wages. Missing out on a paycheck is never easy. If you are forced to miss work due to your slip and fall injuries, the defendant could be responsible for replacing your lost wages.
- Pain and suffering. An important part of many personal injury cases is your pain and suffering. These subjective damages often scale with the extent of your medical expenses.
- Property damage. If your personal property was damaged in the fall, you could recover compensation to repair or replace them.
- Mental anguish. Mental anguish is a term often used for the trauma of a serious injury– especially if you cannot participate in any meaningful way in the things that used to bring you joy. As a result, you could be entitled to compensation.
There are many other examples of damages that could be available in your case. To understand the amount of compensation you are entitled to, schedule a consultation with our team right away.
Resolving your slip and fall case favorably
There are two approaches we could take to secure a favorable outcome in your slip and fall injury case. First, we can usually secure a negotiated settlement following a slip and fall accident. However, we are prepared to take your case to trial and fight for fair compensation if this falls through. Litigating a slip and fall accident case is a challenge, but we are always ready to advocate for our clients.
Talk to a Queens slip and fall attorney right away
Before you take on a negligent property owner, it is vital that you first seek out a Queens premises liability attorney. The right legal counsel will provide the skill and experience needed to help you maximize your compensation. At Friedman, Levy, Goldfarb, Green & Bagley, we are prepared to serve as your advocate during your injury case.
If you are ready to pursue the compensation you deserve, contact us today for a free consultation. We work on a contingency basis—so there are no upfront legal fees.