Sharing the road with 18-wheelers and big trucks comes with serious risks. Compensation may be available if you–or someone you love–have suffered an injury in a truck accident rooted in negligence. At Friedman, Levy, Goldfarb & Green, we have decades of experience representing victims and their families after these devastating collisions. A truck accident lawyer in Westchester County from our team will protect your rights, so you’ll never have to settle for less than you deserve.
We provide diligent, client-focused advocacy to those who need it most. Take advantage of high-caliber legal representation and contact our firm for a free case evaluation. Don’t let the cost of hiring a reputable Westchester County personal injury lawyer daunt you. Our attorneys work on a contingency basis. This means we handle your claim with no hourly fees or upfront expenses. You do not pay unless the case is successful and money damages are recovered.
How a Truck Accident Attorney in Westchester County Can Help
Our truck accident lawyers have obtained millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients and understand the complexities unique to these cases. Truck drivers and the companies that employ them are governed by state and federal regulations. And given the severity of injuries and losses in these accidents, the stakes are incredibly high. Our legal team has the skill and expertise to thoroughly investigate your accident and fight for full compensation.
Whether your collision involved a tractor-trailer or another type of commercial truck, you can count on us for unparalleled support and guidance. We will:
- Conduct independent investigations into the cause of the collision
- Gather critical evidence related to your case
- Review hours of service logs and black box data to determine if regulations were violated
- Interview witnesses from the scene of the accident
- Retain medical experts and accident reconstruction specialists
- Demonstrate liability for all negligent parties
- Prepare and submit legal documents within applicable deadlines
- Document the full impact of your injuries and losses
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters for maximum damages
- Take your case to trial if needed
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Heavily loaded semi-trucks and big rigs log thousands of miles through Westchester County every month. Most collisions occur on interstates and highways like I-287, I-684, I-95, and I-684, where traffic is often congested.
The following are the leading reasons for large truck accidents, according to an FMCSA study:
- Truck driver fatigue
- Traveling too fast for conditions
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Unsecured or overweight cargo
- Mechanical defects
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Roadway problems
- Unfamiliarity with the road
- Inclement weather conditions
When it comes to 18-wheeler wrecks with passenger vehicles, multiple parties may sometimes be responsible. Potential defendants in a truck accident lawsuit may include the trucking company or owner of the rig, manufacturers of defective vehicle equipment, negligent maintenance companies, loading companies, and truck manufacturers.
Compensation Available to Claimants
Commercial truck drivers are obligated to carry a minimum of $750,000 in liability insurance, but most companies purchase multi-million-dollar policies to protect their bottom line. Moreover, since most vehicle and truck accidents result in life-altering injuries and catastrophic losses, claimants are eligible to pursue damages outside New York’s No-Fault insurance coverage.
A successful injury complaint can seek money damages to account for:
- Medical expenses—both past and future–including ambulance fees, hospitalization, diagnostic tests, surgery, doctor’s appointments, and medication
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy expenses
- Loss of income
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Diminished earning capacity
- Funeral and burial costs, in the event of a wrongful death
It’s never too early to get legal advice regarding a possible truck accident claim. Don’t let the statute of limitations run out and bar your chances of financial recovery. Contact one of our veteran Westchester County truck accident attorneys without delay.
Reach Out for a Free Case Review
When you’ve suffered catastrophic injuries or the loss of a loved one in a truck accident, you need a law firm with the resources to take on the toughest legal battles. For more than five decades, we have proudly served the residents of Westchester County, NY. Our compassionate team at Friedman, Levy, Goldfarb, Green & Bagley, P.C. can help you move forward and seek justice from at-fault parties. Call us today to schedule your free consultation.